- Some tornadoes can be faster than Formula One race cars!
- Thunder is a loud rumbling noise heard due to rapidly heated air expanding.
- There is a blanket of air that surrounds the earth that is about 15 miles thick, this blanket is called the atmosphere.
- The world’s longest French fry is 34-inches long.
- Apples are made of 25% air, that is why they float.
- Orange does not rhyme with any other word.
- The footprints on the moon will be there for 100 million years.
Space is completely silent, there is no atmosphere in space which means that sound has no medium or way to travel to be heard.
A full NASA space suit costs $12,000,000, 70% of that cost is for the backpack and control module.
- Human teeth are as strong as shark teeth!
- Your nose and ears never stop growing.
- Not only does everyone have unique fingerprints, humans also have unique tongue-prints!
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
- The largest living animal is the blue whale, which can measure as much as 100 feet.
- An elephant can use its tusks to dig for ground water. An adult elephant needs to drink around 210 litres of water a day
- In a football game, players change direction every 6 seconds
- The longest Tennis match was 11 hours and five minutes long. It took place over a period of three days.
- The tallest basketball players to ever play in the NBA were Manute Bol and Gheorghe Muresan. They were both 7 ft 7 in tall (231 cm).